Murray to Mountains Rail Trail
The Murray to Mountains Rail Trail is the perfect way to discover the diverse countryside of North East Victoria, from natural bushland to open farmland, hidden valleys and some of the most beautiful mountain ranges in Australia. Not to mention the endless wine, beer, food and fresh produce you will find along the way.
Suitable for all ages and fitness levels, for cyclists and walkers, and for all budgets, the trail provides over 100 kilometres of sealed trails and the perfect link between the culinary villages of Beechworth, Rutherglen, Bright & Wangaratta. More recently the shared trail network has been extended from Wangaratta to Milawa, Bright and Wandiligong.
Rail Trail Rides
Porepunkah to Bright - 6km
Myrtleford to Bright - 30km
Beechworth to Bright - 41km
Wangaratta to Bright - 83km
Bright to Wandiligong - 10km return
Bright to Germantown - 5km
Harrietiville to Stony Creek - 5km
- Cyclepath 03 5750 1442 (Bright)
- Absolute Outdoors Australia 03 5756 2694 (Porepunkah)
- Bright Electric Bike Hire 03 5755 1309
- Myrtleford Cycle Centre 03 5752 1511
Bike Taxi Service:
- Cyclepath 03 5750 1442
- Myrtleford Cycle Centre 0407 967 309
Myrtleford’s Cycle Centre will host a series of Cook-Cycle-Feast day rides over autumn, including 15 - 20km of cycling along the Murray to Mountains Rail Trail. Choose from the following tours;
- Bread & Butter Bicycle Tour (featuring hands-on bread making and lunch at Delize Café Deli),
- Coffee Bean Roast ‘n’ Ride (featuring a roasting session at Coffee Chakra and lunch at Happy Valley Hotel)
- Gnocchi on Wheels (featuring hands-on pasta making and lunch at Delize Café Deli).
For more information, click here