Myrtleford Golden Spurs Rodeo
- Sporting Events
- 26 Dec 2019 16:00 23:00
The Myrtleford Golden Spurs Rodeo has been running continuously for 66 years, making it one of Australia’s oldest rodeos.
Held on Boxing Day each year at the picturesque grounds of the Myrtleford Recreation Reserve, it is a must do family event at Christmas time for visitors to northeast Victoria and Alpine Region.
It is a not-for-profit event and is run by the local Lions Club with the help of many other volunteers, with all proceeds put back into Lions Programs and local community projects.
Gates open at 11:00am and the main program starting at 4:00pm until about 11:00pm, culminating with an open Bull Ride and Golden Spurs presentation.
Rodeo is fully catered with a variety of food available, there is no BYO alcohol or glass permitted or dogs permitted.
Bring a chair, a blanket for the evening, and enjoy the spectacle of a country rodeo.
- Suitable for guests with sufficient mobility to climb two or three steps, but would benefit from fixtures and fittings to aid balance.
- Family Friendly
- Disabled access available, contact operator for details
- Suitable for guests who depend on the use of a wheelchair in a seated position at all times.
- Public Toilet
- Caters for people with sufficient mobility to climb a few steps but who would benefit from fixtures to aid balance. (This includes people using walking frames and mobility aids)
- Caters for people who use a wheelchair.